Welcome to Brunch Gang
A blog devoted to the trials and tribulations of the best made up meal of the day, brunch!
Find all the information you need for brunching in and around NYC, plus cities we cover while traveling.
We’re excited to share our reviews, tips and brunch inspirations with you.
Questions or comments, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEET THE GANG
- Go-to brunch spot: Blue Ribbon Bakery in West Village, though this spot has recently closed. I am currently looking for a new favorite.
- Favorite brunch dish: It’s still hands down, eggs benedict! I prefer innovative ingredients, with a twist on the sauce, for example, and I am a sucker for an oversized homemade biscuit.
- Brunch beverage of choice: I love a Champagne cocktail.
- Transportation of choice to brunch: I’m all about the Citi Bike!
- When I’m not brunching, I am: Constantly trying to find the next vacation spot. I love to travel
- Go-to brunch spot: Queens Comfort in Astoria, a fun atmosphere and delicious food combinations.
- Favorite brunch food: Huevos rancheros or eggs bene.
- Brunch beverage of choice: Coffee or a blood orange mimosa.
- Transportation of choice to brunch: I love going to places near my apartment so I prefer to walk, if not then the subway I must.
- When I’m not brunching, I’m: Working in digital marketing and content strategy. In my free time I love to explore the city in search of a good iced coffee, and shoot lifestyle and portrait photography.
Former Brunch Gang Authors
- Go-to brunch spot: In the city, Cafe Cortadito hits on all the right notes — great Cuban food, a variety of drinks and good service. Locally for me, Marco and Pepe in Jersey City. Although they don’t have any drink specials (they do give you a complimentary shot of yummy hot chocolate with whipped cream), their food is out of this world. The French toast is made with a croissant! It’s out of the way for Manhattanites, but brunch at Marco and Pepe is worth the short PATH ride.
- Favorite brunch dish: French toast. I’m a sucker for sweets.
- Brunch beverage of choice: A classic mimosa!
- When I’m not brunching, I’m: I love to bake, and if I could, I’d open up a cookie bakery tomorrow!
- Go-to brunch spot: Jules Bistro (65 St. Marks Place). The food here is amazing! They also have live jazz music. This is definitely a feel-good place.
- Favorite brunch dish: I like to split my dishes evenly at brunch. An ideal brunch is sharing French toast and an egg dish with someone.
- Brunch beverage of choice: Red sangria
- When I’m not brunching, I’m: Trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle by going to the gym and perfecting my simple salmon, chicken and turkey recipes. At the gym, you will find me kickboxing, spinning, lifting and jumping in the cardio/weight classes, or doing my own routine.